Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes (Gluten Free)
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
- 250 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 250 g water
- 50 g Dutch cocoa powder
- 150 g buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 300 g gluten free plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 300 g white sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
GANACHE ICING INGREDIENTS
- 100 g gluten free dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- 80 g pouring (whipping) cream
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE PREPARATION
1 Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with cupcake liners and set aside.
2 Place butter, water and cocoa powder into mixing bowl and heat 4 min/80°C/speed 2 or until smooth.
3 Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and mix 5 sec/speed 4.
4 Add flour, salt, sugar and bicarbonate of soda and mix 5 sec/speed 4. Pour mixture up to three-quarters full into prepared muffin trays and bake for 18 minutes (170°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of each cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool in trays for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile, make icing.
GANACHE ICING PREPARATION
5 Place dark chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
6 Add cream and heat 2 min/50°C/speed 3. Transfer into a bowl and allow ganache to cool and thicken. Spread over cupcakes or transfer into a piping bag with a nozzle and pipe over cupcakes.
7 Decorate with your favourite gluten free decorations (we used some desiccated coconut).
- To ensure your cupcakes are gluten free, always read the labels of your products as some may contain traces of wheat or gluten.
- Cupcakes can be made up to 4 days in advance. Place into an airtight container and store in a cool place or the refrigerator.
- 2 x 12-hole muffin trays
- cupcake liners
- wooden skewer
- wire rack
- piping bag